20hrs of SBR:
Swim - 3x3500m sessions
Bike - 10hrs across 4days with a 6hr session on Sat
Run - 7hrs across 5days finishing with a 3hr run on Sun
If this week is anything to go by, it's going to be as mentally challenging as physically, but by Sunday afternoon, I'll be better for it.
|some weird baked bean eating contest|
(no that's not me!)
- Sprite/ 7up, I think it's the carbonation, maybe a bit of the sweetness, but I've been adding small doses to some post training drinks (not sure this is ideal)
- baked beans, loving'em with breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack (though not all in the same day!)
Bumps & bruises
- calf, still hurting. At a point this week, I considered taking a day off to rest it b/c felt if it got any worse, it may turn into a more serious injury. What did I do? Kept running and iced it more. So far it's paid off, calf is getting better, but not quite 100%. It no longer hurts when I walk, slight pain when I begin running, but once I get going it wanders off. Hoping extra icing today and rest tomorrow will put this pain to bed.
- IT band, an issue I've had when running marathons, a tight IT band causes pain in my knees (usually the left), and while the pain has not officially surfaced yet, I can feel it on the verge. More foam roller
- wrists, getting used to aero position on the new bike means bending wrists in a way I've never done before. Alan assures me this is normal and it'll go away.
- trapezius, sore not painful, also a result of getting accustomed to aero position
Nutrition & body comp
I've put on about a kg (2.2lb) in the last month or so. I like to think it's muscle from the introduction of power lifting, but could also be from the massive increase in calorie intake (I've hit a 6000cal day!). I'm seeing Freddy on Wed, so will report back on the outcome.