Friday 8 July 2011

Friday night update

Great week.  Rearranged the schedule for a work event and mid-week race, got in all of the workouts (except lifting and core) and looking forward to the weekend.

Last night was the JP Morgan corporate challenge, 5.6km run in Battersea Park.  As always, I was hoping for a sub 20min performance only to come home in 21.06, not bad, but not where I wanted to be.  I hit 5km at 18.45 which is my fastest 5k by 17secs and given it came at the end of 3 consecutive days of double sessions, I'll take it.

The level of tiredness today is funny, feels close to a hangover (minus the self-guilt that comes from not remembering what I did/ said last night).  Despite this, had a great session in the pool.  It truly seems the more tired I am, the better I swim.  If anyone has an explanation, I'd love to hear it.

There is something else I wanted to cover but can't remember.

Pre-9pm on a Friday night, I'm off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment