Wednesday 20 July 2011

Feeling good



As the miles fall, my performance rises.  The last few sessions have been some of the best and my energy levels are rising exponentially day-by-day.

Random Updates
- I've stopped using the heart rate monitor: (i) by now I know where my heart rate is relative to effort, (ii) the monitor is correct about half the time and (iii) it drives me nuts when it gives incorrect readings.
- Calf still improving, but not perfect and a return visitor to the aches & pains section, my back is tightening up again.  I think this is the result of this weekend's swim, even more time with the foam roller
- Reducing calorie intake in-line with lower training volume, avg. daily intake around 3000-3500, not easy after constantly eating every day for the last 8wks, but I've been disciplined so far.
- Time to start race visualization
- Hard to believe there's only 3 more swim sessions before race day!

No comments:

Post a Comment