Saturday 2 April 2011

Team



A huge thank you to all that helped get me to this point (in no particular order, except for the first one).

Natsuko - girlfriend, flat-mate, yoga instructor and patient caretaker has to deal with me on a daily basis.  My constant preparing, eating and logging of food and supplements, the early start everyday, the forgetfulness that comes with the focus and the occasional moodiness that didn't exist before ironman training.  Her support is indescribable, and her help keeping my life outside ironman in one piece can not be measured.

Alan - personal trainer, training partner, and great friend, it's been a good start, only 16 weeks to go!

Jakub - work colleague, four-time ironman, sub-2:50 marathoner and facilitator of my meeting with coach Fink.  You can only smile when somebody asks you, "Do you want to join me for a run at lunch?  I usually get 10miles because I only have an hour."  Would love to, but not quite at your level yet.

Mahmoud - another work colleague and also taking part in IronmanUK.  In the "just finish" camp, a good reminder that triathlon/ ironman is not life, don't forget it.

Don Fink - unofficial coach, great program so far, looking forward to the next 16 weeks

Freddy - former boxer turned rower and nutrition-extraordinaire helping me optimize body comp, prepare race nutrition strategy and make sure I'm taking on the right amount and types of calories

Laura - massage therapist, thanks for sorting out my back, would not have made week one without it.

Family - mom, dad, bro, abuelita, cousins, aunts and uncles.  Can't wait to see you all in person sometime soon.

Friends from home - thanks for reading and keeping me motivated, I only hope I can inspire you as much as you guys have inspired me

UK friends - cheers for listening to me drone on about the importance of Z2 training and improving my anaerobic threshold, and for showing interest by asking how my training is going (I couldn't live with myself if the response had to be "uh, it's not going" or "yeah, I'm taking it easy this week")

Work colleagues - thank you for understanding that while I show up after 9, take time to prepare 4 meals a day and nip to the gym around 5, I'm making it up at other times of the day and still working hard alongside you guys

You - last but not least, thanks to all of you for following the blog.  To Adam in Singapore, Aiko in Japan and friends yet to meet in Canada, Thailand and Denmark.  It's great to share this with you all.

Disclaimer: If I've forgotten you, I sincerely apologize.  Give me a shout and I'll give you the proper dues.

No comments:

Post a Comment