Saturday 4 June 2011

6:49:30 - Boskman Target

APOLOGIES, THIS SHOULD HAVE POSTED ON SATURDAY BEFORE THE RACE
but anyway, here we go

Official target, break down:

Swim 2.6km - 39.00
T1 - 3.00
Bike 120km - 4.20.00
T2 - 3.00
Run 22km - 1.44.30

Based on last year's results, this would place me top 15 though this isn't a heavily attended race with 50 people last year and a huge disparity in times from 5.5hrs to nearly 10hrs.

How I came up with the target:

Swim - break down by 100m, I want to go 1.30's slightly below Ironman target of 1.35's

Bike - break down by km, target 2.10 which is the same as Ironman goal and slightly below the 2.18's I did at Ballbuster duathlon given the amount of training I've done since and the duathlon course was more hilly

Run - 4.45 per km, well within the 5.30 target for IM given this run is half the distance and less hilly and more or less in-line with time run at Ballbuster given similar run distance and factoring training plus the fact that I'll be more tired on this run given the distance beforehand than I was at Ballbuster.

Transitions - wild guess, the results from last year don't show transition times, so who knows

It'll be interesting given the roads won't be closed to cars or the local wild life!

OUT OF MY WAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment