Friday 13 May 2011

Officially: I hate it


Marmite (or Vegemite in Aus).  The spread with the "either you love it or hate it" slogan.  I thought I was in the dismissed percentage of the population that is indifferent to the taste.  How wrong I was.  I added it to my protein packed weekend last Saturday and could barely stomach it.

It's a shame because Marmite is such a good source of protein, vitamin B (important for cell metabolism, B12 for formation of blood, fatty acid synthesis, energy production) and low in fat.

I won't give up though.  I've tried a pita, mozzarella and marmite sandwich and no good.  Next up ideas from their website, but if you have any special recipes, I'd be grateful if you could share in the comments section at the bottom of this post.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment